ISRM SPECIALIZED CONFERENCE
“APPLIED GEOMECHANICS IN PROACTIVE DESIGNS: OPPORTUNITIES, CHALLENGES AND SECURITY”
Virtual, 3 – 6 May 2021
The Geomechanics Symposium is an international academic event that has been held every two years since 2004, and becomes an opportunity to analyze the main challenges and current issues of geomechanics in the oil industry. This particular version addresses geomechanics as part of a proactive design process that seeks to exploit the benefits and manage the negative impacts of extractive oil and gas operations.
Objective of the event:
The aim of the event is to promote a space for the divulgation of knowledge and discussion of topics related to geomechanics, in which can interact academic specialists and representatives of the oil industry, national and foreign, oriented to face the main challenges of geomechanics in the exploration and exploitation of oil reservoirs.
.The target audience of the event are: Petroleum, geologist, and civil engineers and students; researchers; professional of related areas of reservoirs engineering who are developing topics about geomechanics of reservoirs in one of the thematic lines.
- Geomechanical issues in Brown fields.
- Geomechanics on heavy oil reservoirs and thermal recovery.
- Unconventional reservoirs geomechanics.
- Wellbore stability and integrity.
- Hydraulic fracturing.
- Sand production: prediction, quantification, management and phenomena associated modeling.
- Caprock integrity.
- Geomechanical damage.
- Naturally fractured reservoirs.
- Geomechanics related to fluid disposal activities in the subsoil: water, gases, CO2, etc.
- Geomechanical reservoir management.
- Geomechanical laboratory tests.
- Emerging technologies applied to geomechanics
Visit the event page
With support from: